Monday, October 22, 2007

Thirty Years.

That’s how long we have pastored Crusaders Church in Decatur, Illinois.

All I can say is, if we had known then what we know NOW, there might not have been a church. Or at least not started by US!

But what I know is that God has been with us each step of the way. Through all of our stupidity, fear, lack of talent, and even laziness. He has brought us through.

We have a small church. Some may say it’s not worth the trouble, but if just one child’s life is changed, that’s worth 30 years of my life. If we have shown one family that a life with Christ as the center is beautiful, we've not failed.

Yesterday was a good day. 52 in church. Meghan and I taught 25 children in Sunday School in a room smaller than many bedrooms. The good thing about that is we’ve finally figured out a way to manage many children in a small place, we’ve finally figured out a room arrangement so that I can even take a step or two while I’m teaching. Megz and I work well together, and if it weren’t so exhausting, it would be fun!

And the best thing of these thirty years is that I have done it with a faithful man that I love with all of my heart. We’ve been able to show our children that life is not about the money or the house, but about serving others for God. I think they’ve learned that and that is worth it all.

No comments: