Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Oh Dear!

My kids are attending the Interchurch Holiness Convention in Dayton next week. We've been as a family several times, and I enjoy it -- especially the opportunity to attend the hugh children's church and watch professional children's church workers in action. It inspires me for months!

But as Meghan was planning what she would wear and how many outfits she would need (the school newsletter said TWO), I was reminded of the time I bought this beautiful navy blue dress and wore it to IHC. I was walking through the lobby and saw a young lady with my dress on! Well, no big surprise, there are like 20,000 people there -- there's bound to be ONE other person with my dress. I walk further. There's another, and another. Oh no! a women's trio must have bought MY DRESS! Oh well, shake it off!

I head for the women's restroom, where a young lady looks at me and says, "Oh! You're wearing our CHOIR dress!" That's right. I was dressed like all of the women in the Hobe Sound Bible College choir!

Me and 40 others!

I've always regretted that I didn't just mozey on over and try to sing with them!

No comments: